Media Studies A Level at Burlington Danes Academy
1. Media language
2. Media representation
3. Media industries
4. Media audiences
·At least 6 A*-B grades at GCSE including English and Maths (grades 5 and above).
· Students on this pathway will take 3 A' levels, studying linear courses for 2 years.
· Students need to achieve at least a B at GCSE in their chosen A' Level subjects, or closely related subjects (e.g. English and Science grades are used for Psychology entry. See subject-specific entry requirements)
· Minimum of 4 B grades required not including BTEC or vocational equivalents
Key skills required to complete ths course
- Recall, select and communicate their knowledge and understanding of media products and the contexts in which they are produced and consumed.
- Analyse and respond to media texts/topics using media key concepts and appropriate terminology.
- Demonstrate research, planning and presentation skills.
- Construct and evaluate their own products using creative and technical skills.
1. You will complete a series of mock exams.
2. You will be assessed throughout through your creative outcome.
Key tips for success
- · Organise folders
- · Keep folder updated, meeting the deadlines and folder requirements.
- · Respond creatively to given brief
- · Use media terminology
- · Practise exam technique
- · Keep up-to-date with recent media issues and debates
- · Demonstrate wider reading through studying media textbooks and journals.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Burlington Danes Academy directly.