Physical Education - A Level at Dinnington High School
A-Level physical education equips students with both a depth and breadth of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to scientific, socio cultural and practical aspects of physical education.
This will require students to:
• Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance.
• Understand how physiological and psychological states affect performance.
• Understand the key socio-cultural factors that influence peoples involvement in physical activity and sport
• Understand the role of technology in physical activity and sport
• Refine their ability to perform and effectively in physical activity and sport by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas.
• Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance
• Understand the contribution which physical activity makes to health and fitness
• improve as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with curious and enquiring minds
Subject content- theoretical
• Applied anatomy and exercise physiology
• Biomechanical movement
• Skill acquisition
• Sport psychology
• Sport and society
• The role of technology in physical activity and sport Practical Performance Students will be assessed in one sport of their choice from a list of approved activities.
70% theory - 2 exams. 30% practical - one activity and analysis of performance
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.