Beauty Therapy VTCT Level 1 Diploma at Macclesfield College
This course combines practical work with related theory in Beauty Therapy. You will also develop your communication and personal skills which are essential in this type of work. If you would like to work as an assistant to a Beauty Therapist then this course may be for you as it focuses on a range of skills within the beauty industry.
During this course you will study the following units:
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Provide basic manicure treatment
- Provide basic pedicure treatment
- Salon reception duties
- Skin care
- The art of photographic make-up
- Themed face painting
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Basic make-up application
- Create a hair and beauty image
- Provide nail art
- Present a professional image in a salon
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or above. If you have achieved a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
For this course you will need to have achieved 2 GCSEs grade E-G.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
You will be assessed by a range of methods including practical observation, assignments and external written exams.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
You will need to purchase a uniform and a beauty kit for this course. You will be advised of these and their cost at your admissions interview.
On succesful achievement of this course you may wish to:
- Progress on to a Level 2 in Beauty Therapy course
- Pursue a career within the Beauty industry such as working in a spa or hotel
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Macclesfield College directly.