Creative Media Production CTEC Level 3 at Varndean College
The CTEC Level 3 in Creative Media Production is an exciting 2 year full time course which provides the knowledge and hands on experience for students who have a keen interest in working in the creative media industries.
This course would particularly suit you if you:
- have a fascination with all the many aspects of the television & film industry and how it works.
- want to know how to develop your practical skills & produce professional media artefacts.
- prefer to work on a modular basis and your strength is in producing creative practical film and TV based work;
- demonstrate a strong personal interest and commitment to the subject area, as much of the production work will need to be completed outside of lesson hours;
- are considering a career in the Creative Media sector, as you will work on creative briefs and create a portfolio of work.
You will be studying all aspects of the industry such as:
- Filming and Editing Techniques - experimenting with different camera set ups, alternative editing and post production techniques
- Shooting a Music Video - work on a project brief shooting a music video for an unsigned band.
- Creating a TV programme - shoot using a multi camera format in a fully equipped TV studio.
- Working on a film set - work as a professional production crew shooting your own moving image work on location.
- Working in the Creative Media sector - research career opportunities in the industry, create a professional showreel, plan your next steps after college.
Standard advanced course requirements plus:
- Grade 5 or B in GCSE Art or Media
- Merit or Distinction in BTEC Level 2 First Certificate in Art & Design
- You should be able to demonstrate a strong interest in TV & Film at interview, either through a previous course of study, personal projects or portfolio work.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways: tutor observation, portfolio work, research assignments, individual and group projects.
Further study at FE level, HND or Degree in specialist Creative and Media areas or other more general subjects, employment and/or further work-based training where appropriate.
Throughout the course students build a portfolio of quality work which will prove invaluable for university or employer interviews in the future.
This CTEC Level 3 course is equivalent to 1 A Level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Varndean College directly.