Automotive Maintenance & Repair Levels E3/Level 1 C&G 3902 at Stafford College
The course is designed for those students looking to gain a range of good practical skills while gearing up for a career in Motor Vehicle Servicing and Repair along with a chance to progress to Level 1 City & Guilds 4290 in the following year.
You will gain practical skills in motor vehicle maintenance, repair, service, and remove and refit skills while studying towards a nationally recognised qualification. Career prospects are good, with a number of options across a wide range of occupational areas. We will also offer advice and assistance, using our links with local industry, to help you to gain employment. Successful completion of this course may lead to progression to the City & Guilds 4290 Level 1 Servicing and Repair course or you may decide to seek employment.
A fair proportion of your time will be spent in our workshops, working with a range of equipment such as brake testers, wheel balancers, laser wheel alignment, engine rigs, vehicle lifts, diagnosis tools, and tyre changers. Fabrication/welding and bench fitting skills will be included. The motor vehicle theoretical work and Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths and IT will be delivered in the classroom.
English & Maths
We are committed to helping students improve their skills in English and maths. Students on a full-time course at College who missed out on GCSE qualifications at grades A-C in these subjects at school will attend additional classes and receive support to enhance their grades. Depending on individual ability, students will work towards GCSE, City & Guilds or Functional Skills awards to ensure that they have the qualifications needed to progress to university or employment.
- Have achieved some GCSE’s at Grade E or above or have achieved Entry 3/Level 1 in Numeracy and Literacy, as well as a reasonable level of dictation in the College based Initial Assessment process
- Achieved at least 80% attendance and demonstrated a conscientious attitude to learning in any previous College based course
- Demonstrate a positive interest in motor vehicle studies at interview
- Provide a reference and/or recent school report which demonstrates a conscientious attitude to learning
- Undertake appropriate additional support should this be required
- Provide your own safety boots (to British Standards) and overalls, which must be worn at all times when undertaking practical activities. In addition, you should also provide: ring binder folders, pens, paper, calculator etc. A computer memory stick would also be very desirable
- Be willing to work and be conscientious in their approach to both practical and theoretical aspects of the course, along with Functional Skills.
Your success on this course will require you to complete all tasks set. Both formal and informal continuous assessments form the evaluation process and cover both practical and theoretical areas, in addition on-line tests may form part of your assessment
Please contact the college for further advice
Successful completion of this course may lead to progression to the City & Guilds 4290 Level 1 Servicing and Repair course or you may decide to seek employment.
Please contact the college for further information.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stafford College directly.