Government and Politics AS level at Kings Langley School
Government and Politics will appeal to students who:
- Want to learn more about politics and how decisions are made in today’s society;
- Enjoy investigating ideas and policy issues that affect everyday life;
- Enjoy debating issues, ideas and opinions and have a lively interest in current affairs;
- Want to study a subject which encourages them to consider evidence and make up their own minds, so developing their analytical and communication skills.
At AS, candidates develop a knowledge and understanding of the British political system:
- Unit 1: People, Politics and Participation
- Unit 2: Governing the UK
Students must have a B/C in English Language and/or a humanity subject.
Two written exam papers. 1hr and 20 minutes for each exam.
The skills and knowledge developed in G and P are highly prized by universities and employers as a qualification for a wide range of courses in History, Economics, PPE, English, Languages, Art History, Law, Journalism, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Theology and many more, including Science and Medicine, and , of course, Politics and International Relations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kings Langley School directly.