Music Technology A Level at Baines High School
The Music Technology course involves much practical work and encourages the cultivation of a wide range of skills:
- Sequencing MIDI
- Sequencing audio
- Recording live instruments
- Producing CDs
- Composing using music technology.
Music technology plays a key role in music across the world. This qualification is designed to open up a range of exciting and useful tasks and to encourage students to learn about the subject.
Students, including those who do not play a traditional instrument, are encouraged to explore their musicality and create original materials using technology.
Unit 1 -Coursework Portfolio (35%)
- A sequenced arrangement of a piece of popular music in a different style
- Multi-track recording of a piece of popular music
- A sequenced recreation of an electronic music track
Unit 2 - Listening and Analysing exam (15%)
Unit 3 - Coursework Portfolio (30%)
- A composition based on a brief set by the exam board
- A sequenced recreation of a popular music track
- Multi-track recording
Unit 4 - Analysing and Producing (20%)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Baines High School directly.