Physics AS/A Level at Croesyceiliog School
Physics is the study of the Universe past, present and future. Technological progress is now moving at so rapid a rate that many ideas considered to be science fiction will become everyday realities within our lifetimes. The application of the knowledge and skills developed in the study of physics will be crucial to the success of all our futures.
Key ingredients to the successful completion of A/AS level physics courses include:
- An interest in what makes things work
- A sense of humour
- A grade B in Physics/Science at GCSE
Yr 12 (AS) modules are: -
- Particles, quantum phenomena and electricity (40% AS 20% A)
- Mechanics, Materials and Waves (40% AS 25% A)
- Investigative and Practical Skills in AS Physics (20% AS 10% A)
- Fields and Further Mechanics (20%)
- Nuclear and Thermal Physics (10%)
- Applied Physics (Rotational Dynamics, Thermodynamics and Engines) (10%).
- Investigative and Practical Skills in AS Physics (10%)
- A minimum 5 A* to C grades.
- A minimum of a grade C in Maths and English
- Physics is of value in the pursuit of many careers including:
- Research Electrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering
- Production Engineering Robotics Degree Nursing
- Dentistry Veterinary Science Medicine
- Geology Meteorology Music
- Telecommunications Artificial Intelligence Architecture
Two Hydrogen atoms are walking down the street. One turns to the other and says ‘I think I’ve lost my electron’. The other one turns and says, ‘Are you positive?’
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Croesyceiliog School directly.