Hairdressing Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 Certificate at RWP Training Ltd
RWP Training offer Hairdressing Apprenticeships and Advanced Apprenticeships in Cumbria. If you wish to become a stylist, colour technician, senior stylist or many other careers then the Hairdressing Apprenticeship could be for you!
This is a 22 month programme and you will gain these qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing (QCF)
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Be Safe
Mandatory units include:
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Style and finish hair
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
Optional units include:
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Cut men's hair using basic techniques
Applicants should have achieved GCSE grades A*-D or 9-3 including Maths and English.
Acceptance onto the programme will be subject to qualifications, experience and successfully completing an initial assessment if required and interview.
As a Hairdressing Apprentice, you will learn mostly whilst at work in an hairdressing setting for example a salon. Once employed one of our Training Advisor's will visit you periodically to assess your skills in the workplace; this happens every three to four weeks (approximately). You will also attend off-the-job training every other week to work on technical skills, which will help you while you work towards your qualifications.
Candidates who complete this qualification can progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing.
RWP have a supply of interested employers at all times. Once you have been accepted on the Apprenticeship RWP will provide you with a list of salons in your area that are looking for an apprentice, you will then need to visit the salons and take along your CV.
Alternatively, if you are already in employment and you wish to gain a qualification our Recruitment Team will happily discuss the options with your employer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact RWP Training Ltd directly.