Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Massage) at White Rose School of Beauty (Huddersfield)
The primary outcome of the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Massage (QCF) is to confirm your competence in the job role of beauty massage therapist. All the units in this qualification relate directly to the specific job role of a beauty massage therapist.
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 years or over and will support you to gain employment as a beauty massage therapist, as the units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role. Entry onto this
qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 2 qualification in beauty therapy and/or a successful skills test and interview.
This is a vocational qualification and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty massage therapist including, mandatory units covering the following: body massage, Indian head massage, and massage with pre-blended oils, stone therapy, monitoring procedures in the salon and contributing to the planning of a promotional event.
Throughout this qualification you will develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology, health and safety, and client care. You will also develop a range of technical skills in massage, using a variety of different techniques. You will also develop interpersonal skills that will assist you to communicate effectively with clients.
Additional specialist options to enrich your programme and meet the demands of industry are available.
Our learners will use our fully equipped and busy commercial salons.
Input from product companies like Dermalogica, St Tropez, and a range of employers will enhance your course throughout the year.
Learners are given career advice and have access to information available from employers such as Cruise Liners Steiner, Virgin Atlantic and Ragdale Hall who regularly visit the college to discuss employment opportunities
- You will need to have a Level 2 Beauty qualification
- Learners should discuss their own circumstances with the College as entry is based on qualifications,skills and experience as well as a keen interest in a career in Beauty Therapy.
- Assessment is through portfolio building and continual assessment of practicalskills, written work and assignments.
- Learner progress is monitored through regular tutorials and reviews.
- Support is provided by our expert team throughout the course.
- The cost will vary depending on age and current qualifications and need to be discussed with the College.
- Any learners entitled to free tuition and assessment need to purchase a package that includes a beauty kit, uniform and books.
For more information, you can contactSarah Williamsonon 01484510625
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification will prepare you for employment as a beauty massage therapist. You will also be eligible to join a professional association and gain insurance as a beauty massage therapist. Career opportunities as a beauty massage therapist exist in a variety of contexts, including:
- Working in commercial beauty salons
- Working in destination and day spas
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
Who supports this qualification?
This qualification is based on the beauty therapy National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK's leading professional association, the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC) as being fit for purpose to confirm your competence as a beauty massage therapist.. Holders of this qualification are eligible to become a professional member of BABTAC.
Learners should contact the College to discuss/apply for this course and ensure it is appropriate for their needs.
The college is located in the centre ofHuddersfield at:
White Rose School of Health and Beauty, 2nd Floor, Standard House, George Street, Huddersfield,HD1 4ADTel: 01484 510625
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.