Further Mathematics A Level at Oasis Academy Shirley Park
Further Mathematics is an AS/A level qualification which both broadens and deepens the mathematics covered in AS/A level Mathematics.
Why study Further Mathematics?
- Students taking Further Mathematics overwhelmingly find it to be an enjoyable, rewarding, stimulating and empowering experience.
- For someone who enjoys mathematics, it provides a challenge and a chance to explore new and/or more sophisticated mathematical concepts.
- It enables students to distinguish themselves as able mathematicians in the university and employment market.
- It makes the transition to a mathematics-rich university course easier.
- Some prestigious university courses will only accept students with Further Mathematics qualifications.
- Taste a more independent style of learning, which is good preparation for university or a career.
Any student capable of passing an AS/A level in Mathematics should also be able to pass AS Further Mathematics. Students planning to study for a mathematics-rich degree who did not begin AS Further Mathematics in year 12 can choose to study it alongside A level Mathematics in year 13 if the timetable permits.
Any student planning to take a mathematics-rich degree (this covers a very wide range of academic areas – Engineering, Sciences, Computing, Finance/Economics, etc., as well as Mathematics itself) will benefit enormously from taking Further Mathematics, at least to AS level. Further Mathematics qualification identifies students as having excellent analytical skills, whatever area they plan to study or work within. Students who have studied Further Mathematics find the transition to such degrees far more straightforward. Studying Further Mathematics also boosts students’ performance in AS/A level Mathematics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oasis Academy Shirley Park directly.