Texture Modified Diets- Short Courses at Acacia Training
This course will clarify the need for texture modified diets and the correct use of the Dysphagia Diet Food Texture Descriptors. This will equip staff with the knowledge and confidence required to prepare, present and serve attractive and nutritious food and fluids in an appealing and attractive manner, and we will be looking for fresh ideas and practical suggestionsWho Should Apply:
Kitchen and catering staff along with those involved in assisted feeding
By the end of the session delegates will be able to
- Identify why people may need different textured food and the importance of getting it right.
- Recognise the need for the Dysphagia Diet Food Texture Descriptors and the need for standardisation
- Differentiate between the correct consistencies and how to create, use and check them
- Produce modified textured foods and drinks with increased understanding
- Improve the presentation of meals and snacks using some fresh ideas and techniques
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.