Business BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Macclesfield College
This is a practical work-related course where you will learn by completing projects, exams and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. This course will introduce you to your chosen career and provide a good basis to progress onto a more advanced qualification.
During this course you will study twelve units in total. Two core units and one mandatory unit will provide a general foundation and nine specialist units will introduce you to particular topics in more depth.
- Enterprise in the business world
- Finance for business
- Principles of marketing
Specialist Units to include:
- Promoting a brand
- Principles of customer service
- Sales and personal selling
- Introducing retail business
- Providing business support
- Recruitment, selection and employment
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or above. If you have achieved a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
- 4 GCSEs Grade D or above ideally to include English Language and Maths
- A Level 1 qualification with Functional Skills English at Level 1 or above
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
Two units on the Level 2 Extended Certificate in Business are assessed through external examination. The other ten units are assessed through project and assignment work. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and then an overall grade of Pass, Merit,
Distinction or Distinction* is awarded on completion.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
- Apply to study the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business if you have achieved a Merit or above
- Enter a business related career such as administration, finance, customer services, sales, ICT, accounting or personnel
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Macclesfield College directly.