Music AS level at Howard of Effingham School
Component 1: Performing
- Public recital of one or more pieces (6 minutes)
Component 2: Composing
-Composing: Two compositions, 4 mins 30 in duration.
Component 3: Appraising*
-Six areas of study: Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Music for Film, Popular Music and Jazz, Fusions, New Directions.
* Analyse and evaluate music from given areas of study showing understanding of musical elements, contexts and musical language
GCSE grade B in Music or Grade 5 instrumental and Grade 3 theory.
- Component 1: coursework 30%
- Component 2: coursework 30%
- Component 3: written exam 40%
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Howard of Effingham School directly.