BTEC in Dance at Blackpool Sixth Form College
BTEC in Dance is designed for students who wish to explore and develop their practical skills, both creatively and technically, providing you with a breath of experience across a variety of dance styles including; contemporary, jazz, pop dance, tap and many more. BTEC Dance is a practical and vocational course, which provides you with a single BTEC qualification equivalent to one A level.
- Performing to an audience
- Dance performance
- Jazz dance
- Applying contemporary dance technique
- Choreographing dance
- Tap dance
- Previous dance training is essential although this can be in any dance style
- Must be willing and able to participate fully in practical dance training including solo and group performance of a variety of dance genres
- Must be physically fit and able to take part in all dance styles
Exam board: Edexcel
This course leads to performing arts, dance and drama degrees and is helpful to those wanting a career in entertainment, the arts or teaching. This subject promotes creativity, teamwork and communication skills, so is beneficial to many career paths.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.