Geography A Level at Upton Hall F C J
Geography covers a wide scope of material, it is a versatile course and combines well with a variety of other subjects. Skills acquired by geographers include: communication, team work, management skills, analytical skills and spatial, social and environmental awareness. Remember…you would be lost without geography!
If Geography has been studied at GCSE, a minimum grade B is required. If Geography has not been studied at GCSE, students may be accepted dependent on other results. As there are statistics involved in the course, a minimum grade B in Mathematics is required.
AS TOPICS & ASSESSMENT
1. Physical and Human Geography, Rivers and Population, Health and Coasts
2. Geographical Skills, a river study in Snowdonia (3 day residential trip)
A LEVEL TOPICS AND ASSESSMENT
3. Contemporary Geographical Issues: Plate techtonics and associated hazards, Ecosystems: Change and Challenge, World Cities
4. A Geography fieldwork investigation: An investigation into the impact of Liverpool One on the surrounding area.
What do geographers become?
- Scientists and Engineers – Hydrologists, Volcanologists, Civil Engineers, Chartered Surveyors, Planners, Site Managers, - Managers – Business, Retail, National Parks Officers, Forestry and countryside commission officers. - Decision Makers – Planners, Insurance company risk assessors, Politicians, Cartographers, GIS, Aid Agencies workers. - Services – Rescue co-ordinators, tourism officers, police officers….teachers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Upton Hall F C J directly.