BTEC Level 3 Hospitality at Ysgol Brynrefail
What will I learn?
The Edexcel Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Hospitality consists of three core units plus three specialist units for the completed qualification.
- The Hospitality Industry
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Providing Customer Service in Hospitality
Optional Units Could cover:-
- Financial Control in Hospitality
- Environment and Sustainability in Hospitality
- Hospitality Business Enterprise
- Accommodation operations in Hospitality
- Front Office Operations in Hospitality
- Industry related project in Hospitality
How will I learn?
The course is a partnership between Arfon and Môn secondary schools and Coleg Menai and is the equivalent of one A Level (one year of study will give the opportunity to achieve a Level 3 BTEC Certificate which is equivalent to one AS Level). You will spend a full extended afternoon (1.00pm - 5.00pm) at Coleg Menai, Bangor site. You will also need to spend some time studying each week using Coleg Menai’s online resources. Your school will arrange free transport to and from Coleg Menai.
This course is a mix of practical and classroom tasks and you will get a chance to prepare and practise your skills before you are assessed, so that you know and understand what you will have to do.
What will I need?
It is essential that you are interested in the Hospitality Industry and show a strong motivation to follow the course on the extended afternoon in Coleg Menai.
There will be no examinations but you will be continuously assessed through assessments and coursework by the tutor and the examination board.
A Distinction* grade in the Edexcel Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma will give you 140 UCAS points.
What happens after this course?
At the end of this course here are some of the pathways available:-
- Follow further Hospitality qualifications at level 3 at Coleg Menai, eg Level 3 BTEC Diploma or Extended Diploma.
- Follow a degree course in Hospitality Management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Brynrefail directly.