Resort Rep, Travel and Visitor Economy NCFE Level 2 at Hugh Baird College
The course provides the skills, knowledge and understanding required to carry out the role of a Resort Representative.
It is ideal for those seeking employment as well as those already working in the industry without formal qualifications.
The qualification is endorsed by Thomas Cook. Thomas Cook has indicated that the qualification meets their needs for well-trained staff and have further indicated the value of the qualification to the sector by guaranteeing an interview for those students who successfully complete the qualification and meet their minimum criteria.
You will learn about, research and participate in some practical sessions whilst studying each of the following units:
- Investigate employment opportunities for resort representatives
- Understand the role of a representative in a resort
- Prepare for the start of the holiday season
- Manage airport and transport duties
- Investigate the role of the children’s representative in a holiday resort
- Investigate the role of the entertainment representative in a holiday resort
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- 4 GCSEs at grade D-G including Maths or English
- Introduction to Travel and the Visitor Economy or relevant Level 1 qualification at Merit or above and be working towards GCSE Maths and English at grade A*- C
Entry to all courses are subject to a successful interview, a satisfactory reference from your school or employer and evidence that you will be a committed student.
16 - 18 Years: Free
- Resort Rep
- Travel Agent
- Check-in Attendant
- Tour Guide
- Airport Operative
- Tourism Officer
- Customer Service Agent
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported through maths and English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.