Level 2 Diploma Beauty Specialists at White Rose (Central College of Health and Beauty) Leeds
The main aim of the Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Beauty Therapy treatments.
The Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists is comprised of 11 mandatory units plus a minimum of 2 additional optional units.
The course covers the following areas:
- Provide Facial Skincare
- Origins, Principles And Theories Of Massage
- Provide Eyelash And Eyebrow Treatments
- Apply Make-Up
- Provide Manicure Treatments
- Provide Pedicure Treatments
- Remove Hair Using Waxing Techniques
- Follow Health And Safety Practice In The Salon
- Salon Reception Duties
- Client Care And Communication In Beauty Related Industries
- Working In The Beauty Related Industries
Additional specialist options to enrich your programme and meet the demands of industry are available.
Our learners have access to our fully equipped and busy client salons.
Input from product companies like Dermalogica, St Tropez, and a range of employers will enhance your course throughout the year.
Learners are given career advice and have access to information available from employers such as Cruise Liners Steiner, Virgin Atlantic and Ragdale Hall who regularly visit the college to discuss employment opportunities.
In additional to their GCSEs, learners should discuss their own circumstances with the College as entry is based on qualifications, skills and experience as well as a keen interest in a career in Beauty Therapy.
- Learners will be assessed through a range of practicalskills, written work and case studies. There are also some external assessments.
- Progress on the course is monitored through regular tutorials and reviews.
- Support is provided by our expert team throughout the course
- The cost will vary depending on age and current qualifications and need to be discussed with the College.
- Any learners entitled to free tuition and assessment will still need to purchase a package that includes a beauty kit, uniform and books.
For more information, you can contact Alison Leonard on 0113 2461966.
On successful completion you can undertake further study at NVQ Level 3, a specialist Level 3 qualification or work in the industry
Visit our website www.whiterosebeautycolleges.co.uk for a full list of the programmes we offer.
Learners should contact the College to discuss/apply for this course and ensure it is appropriate for their needs.
The college is located in the centre of Leeds at:
The Central College of Health and Beauty, 4th Floor, 13-14 South Parade, Leeds, LS1 5QS
Tel: 0113 246 1966
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.