English Language and Literature A-level at South Essex College
This course will give you the knowledge and skills required to go on to higher education and pursue a career in this field.
System ref: #35248
- views and voices: prose fiction that constructs imaginary worlds; poetry that constructs a strong sense of personal perspective
- people and places: literary and non-literary discourses in the AQA Paris Anthology
- coursework (20% of final A-level): personal investigation (2,500-3,000 words) that explores a specific technique or theme in both literary and non-literary discourse
- exploring conflict: writing about society which involves a re-creative task and commentary based on a novel
- dramatic encounters: you will study the ways writers use language to create dramatic effects
- English language at grade six/grade B or above
- English literature at grade six/grade B or above
- maths at grade four/grade C or above
- two additional GCSEs at grade C or above
- written exams: 80%
- coursework: 20%
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
Higher education at university or college in the creative and social sciences, such as journalism or creative writing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.