Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair (Level 2) at Central College Nottingham
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career as a Motorcycle Technician.
You will cover the following topics:
- Motorcycle Preparation and Inspection
- How to Identify and Agree Motor Vehicle Customer Service Needs
- Removing and Replacing Motorcycle Chassis Units and Components
- Removing and Replacing Motorcycle Electrical Units and Components
- Motorcycle Fuel, Ignition, Air and Exhaust System Units and Components
- Motorcycle Internal Engine Systems
- Routine Motorcycle Maintenance
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 1 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-D
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-D, we may accept one of them at Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Course assessment is made up of three elements:
- Portfolio of Evidence in Skills
- Knowledge of Practical Tasks
- Online Testing
Level 3 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles
A career as a Motorcycle Technician.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.