KS4 Programme at Aston University Engineering Academy
In Key Stage 4 there will be 3 Pathways. All Pathways include Maths, Science, English, Systems and Control GCSE with the Level 2 systems and Control and Core Engineering skills. PE, and Personal Development and Leadership are also included in all pathways. Other GSCEs including a Language are included in some Pathways as well as the opportunity to study Maths and Science to AS Level. Our Enrichment programme is compulsory and students will have a choice from various options including: Extra support lessons, Duke of Edinburgh scheme, Sports teams and clubs, Creative and Performing Arts clubs, Enterprise scheme, STEM clubs eg F1 in schools and the 4 x 4 Challenge
Year 10 and 11 subjects
- GCSE English Language and Literature (2 GCSEs)
- GCSE Mathematics and applied mathematics (2 GCSEs)
- GCSE Physics, Chemistry, Biology or GCSE Science double award
- Level 2 Certificate, Engineering (Manufacturing Technology)
- Level 2 Certificate, Engineering and Innovation
- GCSE Systems and Control Technology
- GCSE Electronic Products
- NVQ Level 2 Modern Foreign Language (Language for business)
- All students will also undertake PE, Citizenship, Business and enterprise education, Personal, Health and Social Education and enrichment activities
A keen interest in Engineering, Maths and Science. It is recommended that you arrange a surgery meeting with Academy to discuss whether this is the best option for you. See website or ring 0121 204 4282 for details.
The Academy pathways will lead you to a career in engineering or science. Routes can be continuation into the Academy programmes in Year 12 and 13 which can include Apprenticeships or A Level courses leading to Higher Education places. Other choices at 16 would be employment or other apprenticeship courses.
See our website www.auea.co.uk or ring 0121 204 4282 for more information. Aston University Engineering Academy is a new build 14-19 school sponsored by Aston University and a number of industrial partners.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Aston University Engineering Academy directly.