Art & Design (Photography) UAL Level 3 Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
There is an emphasis on creativity and experimental procedures within this course and we actively encourage you to tackle projects in your own way. Throughout the course you will work in our studio, dark room and on location to complete practical and written assignments on the following:
- Visual Language in Art & Design
- 2D & 3D Problem Solving in Art & Design
- Time-based Problem Solving in Art & Design
- Research Skills in Art & Design
- Critical and Contextual Awareness in Art & Design
- Materials, Processes and Technical Skills in Art & Design
- Opportunities for Progression in Art & Design
- Developing an Art & Design Project
You will be introduced to a range of photographic applications, historical practices and practitioners which will inform your future work. You will devise and produce a photography project towards the end of the year that will serve to demonstrate the skills and knowledge you have acquired throughout this course.
If you have not yet achieved a grade C (or above) in GCSE English and maths, you will be required to attend GCSE resit sessions (if you achieved grade D) or functional skills sessions (if you achieved grade E or below).
- At least 4 GCSEs at grade C or above (including English and art)*
- Portfolio of your work
*In exceptional circumstances, particularly for mature students, a relaxation of formal qualifications may be possible.
You will be assessed via practical assignments, written essays, presentations and classroom critiques.
You could progress onto our Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design (Photography) as this Diploma acts as the first year of study for that program.
Employment opportunities could include work in an assistant or junior role as a studio photographer, picture editor, photojournalist or fashion/advertising photographer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.