Plumbing Intermediate Apprenticeship - Day Release at Eastleigh College
Plumbing is an established and popular occupation that continues to evolve and embrace new technologies. The Intermediate Apprenticeship in Plumbing is ideal for those seeking to start a career as a plumber or for those who have relevant experience but do not have a plumbing qualification.
You will achieve a Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating. Unless exempt on entry, you will also achieve Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications in English and maths and a Level 1 Functional Skills ICT qualification.
You will learn through a combination of on- and off-the-job training. You will attend college one day per week during term time and spend the rest of your time earning and learning in the workplace.
Please note: This Apprenticeship does not include the installation of heat producing appliances.
The Apprenticeship includes units relating to
- communications in building services engineering
- environmental protection measures
- scientific principles in mechanical engineering services
- safe working practices
- site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques
- installation and maintenance of cold water, hot water, heating systems, sanitation systems and rainwater systems.
- Entry is subject to interview and assessment.
- You will need to have relevant employment.
In addition, you need to have
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or higher, including English and Maths
- or to have achieved a relevant Level 1 or Level 2 vocational qualification
- or have relevant experience and be able to demonstrate ability equivalent to, or exceeding Level 1 in English and maths.
You will be assessed on a continuous basis through a combination of knowledge and practical assessment activities, including assessment of activities in the workplace.
Your progress will be continuously monitored and supported by an Apprenticeship Achievement Officer.
Intermediate apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Domestic Plumbing and Heating; or onto other Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeships such as Domestic Heating.
With additional training, intermediate level apprentices may also be able to progress in their careers to roles such as Installation Supervisor or Installation Team Leader.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.