General Studies AS Level at Woodlands School
AS Level General Studies encourages students to debate, to enquire and to test assumptions. Based on an investigation into culture, science and society, these three key areas of the contemporary world are integrated into a 2 unit structure with overlapping themes. The themes are presented as questions and issues to explore through d ebate and research.
- Should everyone carry a donor card?
- What is Euthanasia and is it ever justified?
- Should gay/lesbian couples be able to have children using IVF?
- What makes people vote for a particular political party?
- Why have digitally produced animated films becomes so popular in the last few years?
- Are older people still valued in the world of work?
- Has the internet had a positive or negative impact on Family Life?
2 units over the Year.
Minimum entry requirement is 5 discrete A*- C grades in your GCSE subjects.
Exam and coursework.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woodlands School directly.