Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles Level Two Subsidiary Diploma at East Riding College
This course builds on the level one qualification and the course looks at motorcycle maintenance and repair principles in greater depth. It is aimed at people who would like to progress into work within the industry or progress onto further study.
- Carrying out routine motorcycle maintenance
- Removing and replacing motorcycle engine units and components
- Removing and replacing motorcycle auxiliary electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing motorcycle chassis units and components
- Contributing to workplace good housekeeping
- Ensuring your actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Maintaining positive working relationships
Plus one specialist unit from:
- Conducting pre and post-work vehicle inspections
- Removing and replacing motorcycle transmission and driveline units and components
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above
- Level One Certificate/ Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles or equivalent qualification
- Suitable trade experience, with occupational transferable skills
- A satisfactory interview and an initial assessment
Where appropriate any relevant experience or qualifications can be accredited towards this qualification.
You will be assessed by a range of techniques to include observation of practical activities in workshops, oral questioning, written reports and online testing.
This qualification could help you get a job and improve your career prospects. You could progress onto the Level Three Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles or secure an apprenticeship or advanced apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.