Children's Play, Learning & Development - BTEC National Subsidiary Certificate at Merrill Academy
Level: 3 to include Level 3 Diploma for the children and young people’s workforce (QCF) to gain occupational competence.
This course is for you if you wish to pursue a career in child care. 800 hours of placement practice is gained during the course in settings appropriate to the age range of children studied. The course focuses on the development and learning of children from birth to eight years and the professional standards required to work with children.
- Child Development – External Examination
- Play in the Early Years Settings
- Meeting children’s Physical Development, physical Care and Health needs
- Health and Safety practice in Early Years Settings
- Collaboration with parents, Colleagues and other professionals in Early Years
- Supporting Early Years Communication and Language
- Supporting Children’s personal, social and emotional development
- Child Protection
- Observation, assessment and planning for play and development
- Diversity Equality and Inclusion in the Early Years
- Reflecting on own Early Years Practice
To Study A's Levels or Applied Learning courses at level 3 you must have gained a grade C or above in English and Maths and have a minimum of three other GCSE's at grade C or above
5 A* - C’s including English and Maths.
- Unit 1 – Externally assessed unit
- 11 portfolio based units
- 800 hours placement practice.Minimum of 6 observations in practice
CRB Check – All students must have a CRB, cost met by school, £10.00 contribution towards uniform. Travel expenses to and from placement.
This Level 3 qualification confers licence to practice. Upon completion of this course, you could work as Early Years Practitioners in many settings such as nurseries and childcare centres.
Further study at degree level can lead to careers in Teaching, (and with a Science A Level) Nursing or Midwifery.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Merrill Academy directly.