Sport BTEC Level 2 at Runshaw College
This is a one year full-time course which is vocational and therefore work-related. It introduces you to the employment area of Sport, Leisure and Recreation and provides a good basis to progress to further training, education or employment.
This is the course for you if you have an interest in sport, linking both theoretical and practical elements, and the broader aspects of sport and leisure and want to:
- develop an understanding of the body’s physiological systems, and how they are influenced by exercise
- learn about sports injuries and how to assess risks in sporting situations
- develop your own practical skills and techniques in structured sessions
- be able to plan and carry out a fitness training programme
- pursue an interest in the psychological and lifestyle factors that affect performers.
As part of the course you will also study English and Maths and will develop employability skills to help you reach your full potential.
What enrichment can I look forward to?
- guest speakers
- Sports Academy
- outdoor pursuit activities
- fundraising activities
- voluntary work
For access to our Level 2 courses, our entry requirements are 4 x grade D equivalent (4 x Grade 3 or D).
The course is assessed continually throughout the year by both coursework, which takes the form of assignments set at intervals throughout the year, and some external assessments.
What will this course prepare me for?
- Gym Manager
- Personal Trainer
- Sport Development Officer
This course prepares you for progression in college onto a Level 3 sport course, or employment in the sport or leisure industry.
Please contact the Schools Liaison team by phone on 01772 643000 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website also contains up to date further information on all courses that we offer.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.