Computer Science AS/A Level at Boston High School
Computer Science is a practical subject where students can apply the academic principles learned in the classroom to real‐world systems. It’s an intensely creative subject that combines invention and excitement, and can look at the natural world through a digital prism.
The aims of this qualification are to enable learners to develop:
- An understanding and ability to apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including: abstraction, decomposition, logic, algorithms and data representation
- The ability to analyse problems in computational terms through practical experience of solving such problems, including writing programs to do so
- The capacity to think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically
- The capacity to see relationships between different aspects of computer science
- Mathematical skills.
You need ...
- Grade 4 inGCSE Mathematics
Year 13‐ Two written exam papers each worth 40% of the total A Level. These are 2 hours and 30 minutes each. A programming project worth 20% of the total A‐Level
- Computer Programmer
- Games Designer
- Web Designer
- Software Engineer
- Aerospace Engineering
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Boston High School directly.