Painting and Decorating Level 1 at Wiltshire College
- carrying out safe working practices
- estimating quantities
- construction technology
- safe use of access equipment
- preparation of surfaces
- application of paints by brush and roller
- applying foundation and plain wallpapers and basic specialist decorative techniques.
Some of the units covered on this course consist of:
- Core01 Health and Safety and Welfare in Construction and Associated Industries
- Core02 Knowledge of Technical Information, Quantities and Communication with others.
- Core03 Knowledge of Construction Technology
- Occ12 Erect and Dismantle Access Equipment and Working Platforms
- Occ13 Prepare Common Surface types for Decoration
- Occ14 Apply Basic Paint Systems by Brush and Roller
- Occ15 Apply Foundation and Plain Papers
- Occ23 Produce Standard Decorative Finishes
4 GCSEs at Grade E or above, or equivalent including Maths and English, a good reference and a satisfactory interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wiltshire College directly.