Computer Science A Level at Southam College
The Computer Science specification will above all else be relevant to the modern and changing world of computing. The specification will:
- Focus on programming and emphasise the importance of computational thinking as a discipline.
- Put computational thinking at its core, helping students to develop the skills to solve problems, design systems and understand human and machine intelligence.
- Allow student s to apply the academic princ iples learned in the classroom to real world systems in an exciting and engaging manner.
- Allow student s to develop an understanding of and ability to apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science including; abstraction, decomposition, logic, algorithms and data representation.
- Give students a clear progression into higher education, as the course was designed after consultation with members of BCS, CAS and top universities.
- Learners will develop an ability to analyse, critically evaluate and make decisions. The project approach is a vital component of ‘post - school’ life and is of particular relevance to Further Education, Higher Education and the workplace. Each learner is able to tailor their project to fit their individual needs, choices and aspirations
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southam College directly.
Last updated date: 15 November 2017