Music (Performing) BTEC Level 3 at Don Valley School and Performing Arts College
This course consists of 6 complementary units of work, focusing on vocational aspects of Music.The National Subsidiary Diploma (equivalent to 1 A Level) is designed to:
- Provide a highly specialist work-related qualification.
- Give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment.
- Provide career development opportunities for those already in work, and through articulation to higher education, degree and professional development programmes.
- Develop performance skills on an individual and ensemble level.
- Core Unit 23 Music Performance Techniques Core
- Unit 33 Solo Music Performance Skills Unit 4 Aural Perception Skills
- Core Unit 40 Working and Developing as a Music Ensemble
- Unit 11 Music Events Management
- Unit 24 Music Project
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or better. No more than two applied courses can count towards this total and each applied course counted has the equivalence of only one GCSE, regardless of its nominal size. In addition, students must achieve the specific entry requirements which may apply to this course.
Practical assignments, written assignments including research and evaluation, both internally and externally assessed.
The units listed here are only one model. They can be subject to change depending on the skills and talents of individuals within the group.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Don Valley School and Performing Arts College directly.