Law A Level at Moor Park High School and Sixth Form
A level Law can be studied alongside most
subjects, but it is complemented with
English, History and Foreign Languages.
Lessons are supplemented with
presentations from legal practitioners,
including magistrates, solicitors and
barristers, the police and prison service.
Fabulous enrichment activities which
• Visits to the Magistrates and
• Charity Mock Trials
• Law Conferences
• Lancaster Castle
• Prison speakers
• Student speakers from Liverpool
University “street law” group
• Join the Law Mooting Group
• Mock Trial competitions (set out like a
real court wearing wigs and gowns)
• LNAT entrance exam preparation
• Interview skills
• Join the law society and act on behalf
of Law students
• Debating society
• University Challenge with other
What will I study?
• The difference between civil and
• How to appeal
• Alternatives to going to court
• Mode of trial and the classification
• The sentence of the courts
• The general principles of offences
against the person and property
Standard school A Levelrequirements and at least agrade C in your English Language GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Moor Park High School and Sixth Form directly.