French - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like to develop your understanding of spoken and written French? This course enables you to communicate confidently, clearly and effectively in French, through both the spoken and written word. It provides a coherent and worthwhile curriculum, extending your language skills to an advanced level. It also allows you to boost your career options and Higher Education prospects.
The course is suitable if you have completed a GCSE in French, and want to continue studying in this area. It can be taken as part of a full-time programme of study, in conjunction with other AS/A Level subjects, or possibly with other Level 3 courses. Our staff will be very happy to help you put together a programme most suited to your needs.
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Classroom learning
- Analytical reading, writing and responding
- Working with current forms of media, such as French news sourc
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above to include Mathematics, English or Welsh (1st language) and at least a grade B in French. NOTE: GCSE short course not acceptable.
- Specific additional entry requirements will be discussed with you at interview.
- Consideration will be given to mature students without recognised qualifications
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level
- An interest in learning about the culture and customs of France and French-speaking countries is highly desirable.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview
The course is assessed by external examinations, taken in June each year.
Whether you gain the full A Level or just the AS Level, the course adds to your qualifications and helps you to progress. You will gain UCAS points and be able to apply for a range of Higher Education courses at many institutions, including Grŵp Llandrillo Menai. This includes degrees in French, Translation Studies, and other language-based subjects, as well as many other options.
The skills you gain studying French will also have broad applications outside of education, and will prove beneficial in your future. You could choose to live and work in a French-speaking country, or seek employment in translation, education, international relations or the media.Career opportunities
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Programme code: 0014C03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.