Level 3 Certificate in Financial Studies at The Sixth Form at Cornwallis Academy
As an applied general qualification, the certificate in financial studies is a comprehensive introduction to personal finance. It develops knowledge and skills required for young people to make an informed financial decisions by introducing them to the risks and challenges involved in personal finance and effective planning. Through developing core skills of critical analysis and evaluation, and written communication.
CeFs also provides a foundation for further study in business and finance- related disciplines.
Mathematics GCSE minimum grade C
English GCSE minimum Grade C
An advantage- study at level 2 certificate in personal finance but not essential
Key skills developed
· This qualification will encourage students to;
· Analyse financial information, financial services products and services and begin to make judgments about suitability for people in different circumstances.
· Understand financial concepts and terminology
· Analyse, evaluate and reflect
· Demonstrate numeracy skills including the ability to manipulate financial and other numerical data;
· Select appropriate data and information to make arguments;
· Structure and communicate ideas logically and coherently; and
· Increase their ability to work independently.
The skills and knowledge developed through this qualification can be extended by taking 2 further units to form the Diploma in financial studies, or further options to study in higher education.
Will build foundations to study for accounting, business, finance and banking at higher education institutions or through further vocational training and University.
CONTACT E-MAIL: Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.