Photography A Level at John Leggott Sixth Form College
- How to use a 35mm manual SLR camera.
- Black and white photography skills.
- Studio photography.
- How to support your ideas through image analysis and evaluation.
- Critical understanding of photography and its uses.
- How to mount and present your images.
- Practical work where students build upon their previous experience.
- The use of colour photography and digital imaging.
GCSE English and/or Art at grade C or above and some experience of photography. GCSE average 4.0 or above including 5 C grades.
60% coursework - 40% externally set assignment
Potential career opportunities include commercial photography, photojournalism, portrait photography, film and television or teaching. You will build up a portfolio of mounted images during your course.
There will be opportunities to visit art galleries and other cultural events and you may have the opportunity to enter your work into exhibitions.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Leggott Sixth Form College directly.