Applied Business (Single or Double) - AS at The Crest Academies
The AS and Advanced GCE in Applied Business enable candidates to develop both a broad understansing of Applied Business principles and give them the opportunity to focus on a specific pathway e.g. Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Administration.
This specification has been designed to provide candidates with a critical understanding of the following:
- The internal functions of contemporary business organizations of all types.
- The dynamic external environment within which businesses operate and the effects this can have upon decision-making within a business
- Major topical issues that can generate change for business organizations and the ways in which businesses respond to these issues
- The range of stakeholder perspectives that can be taken on business activities.
Candidates also have opportunities to explore and discuss their interests and aspirations and to develop sufficient depth of understanding to inform their choices between further study,traning or employment.
Minimun of 5 Grade A*-C in GCSE including Maths & English.
A grade ‘C’ or above is preferred at GCSE English & Maths.
It is important to note that written communication will be assessed in candidates written work. There will be essays!
Candidates may decide to follow the Double Award or the Single Award
- Counts as one A Level
- 6 units over two years (3 units a year)
- 6 periods teaching/week
- 2 or 3 exams units
- 3 or 4 coursework units
- Counts as two A Levels
- 12 units over two years(6 units a year)
- 12 periods teaching/week
- 4 or 5 Exam Units
- 7 or 8 Coursework units
Students who take Business Studeis often also study Accounting, Computing, Economics, Modern Languages or Maths. But students committed to the arts or sciences should also consider taking Business Studies in this cost-centred world.
To find out more about this course / qualification please contact us, or you can ask your Connexions Personal Adviser or school/college careers staff.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Crest Academies directly.