Bricklaying Level 1 Diploma at North Lindsey College
This course is for those wanting to enter into the trade area of bricklaying. You will be working towards the Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying. You will learn how to lay bricks and blocks, construct cavity walls, set out and build walls to damp course. You will also learn about the principles of construction and, very importantly, health, safety and welfare in construction.
You will be working towards the Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying comprising of the following
- Carrying out Block Laying Activities
- Carrying out Bricklaying Activities
- Carrying out Cavity Walling Activities
- Contribute to Setting Out and Building of Masonry Structures up to Damp Proof Course
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
Those students who have already achieved GCSE English and Maths at grades A-C will have the opportunity to develop skills in other trade areas.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above, which must include English and Maths
- College interview
You will achieve your qualification by completing graded practical activities and answering question papers throughout the course, producing a portfolio of evidence. These will be marked by the teaching staff who are all registered assessors. You will also be required to pass two externally set and marked multi-choice exams.
Learners who wish to continue their studies may progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying, subject to recommendation by the tutor.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.