Floristry City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma at Doncaster College
Work with a "Winning Team" of professionals.
This course offers the perfect grounding for an interesting and creative career in the floristry industry.
You will produce a range of designs including arrangements, hand ties, wedding and funeral work.
You will have the opportunity to gain work experience in The Hub Flower shop.
The course comprises of seven units and an online multiple examination.
- Unit 101 Self working practices
- Unit 102 Develop performance
- Unit 103 Industrial experience
- Unit 112 Basic Floristry tasks
- Unit 113 Identify flowers, foliage and plants
- Unit 115 Produce planted designs
- Unit 116 Assemble Floristry designs
In addition to your course you will attend regular tutorials, complete a qualification in Customer Service, plus Functional skills in Maths and English
- Working at EL3 or above in Maths & English
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
- Attend an interview with a floristry tutor.
- You must commit to 100% attendance.
Continuous practical and written assessment.
Online multiple choice examination on self working practices.
You may progress onto City and Guilds Diploma in Floristry Level 2.
This qualification will provide employment opportunities as a Junior / trainee florist or within garden centres or large retail outlets working with flowers and pot plants.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.