A Level Chemistry at Regent High School
Topics of study aim to build on your knowledge of GCSE Chemistry through a more in-depth study of: atomic structure, organic chemistry and associated reactions, inorganic chemistry, kinetics, equilibrium and applications. You will also develop skills in investigation, skills development, demonstration and illustration.
CHOOSE THIS COURSE IF…
- you enjoy problem solving and abstract concepts
- you would like to learn more about the nature and behaviour of the elements that comprise the universe
- you are intrigued by advances in modern smart technology and materials
At least 5 A* to C grades at GCSE including English and Maths with at least a grade B in Maths and in Core and Additional Science.
- 100% examination: A Level is a two year linear course (three exams); AS is a separate linear qualification which can be taken at the end of Year 12 (two exams). Mathematical skills in Chemistry will contribute to 20% of the assessment
- practical work is internally assessed through completion of practicals throughout the course, and leads to the ‘Practical Endorsement’ on the A Level certificate.
- university degrees in Chemistry, Dentistry, Medicine and many more
- apprenticeships in Forensic Science, Pharmaceutical Science and many more
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS
- Gas Engineer
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Regent High School directly.