Childcare - Diploma in Caring for Children level 1 at Kirklees College: Dewsbury Centre
This will interest you if you are planning to work in the field of Childcare. T
You will study the following 4 mandatory units:
- Healthy living
- To introduce you to ways in which they can contribute to a healthy lifestyle and to encourage them to demonstrate activities which will improve their own lifestyle.
- Healthy eating for families
- The aim of this unit is to introduce you to the principles of a healthy diet for families and children, including groups who may have particular food restrictions
- Confidence building for the young child through play
- The aim of this unit is to enable you to understand how play can build a child’s confidence, self-esteem and communication skills.
- Listening to and talking with a young child
- The aim of this unit is to help you understand the importance of listening to and talking with a young child. It will also explore activities that will help develop a child’s communication skills.
You will 8-10 optional units including:
- Sharing learning experiences with children
- Human growth and development
- Supporting babies to play
- Preparing for your next steps
- Musical activities for young children
- Practical health and safety with young children
- Craft activities for young children
- Understanding learning and development through play
- Investigating a vocational area
All achieved through tasks, practical activities and group work.
Teaching will include lectures, practical experience, outside speakers and the possibility to attend work placement.
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.