Further Mathematics A Level at Accrington St Christopher's Church of England High School
Further Mathematics is an AS/A-level qualification which both broadens and deepens the mathematics covered in AS/A-level Maths. Any student who know that they want to study for a degree in a maths rich subject such as engineering, sciences, computing, finance or economics should seriously consider Further Maths.
To study Further Mathematics you need to have obtained at least a grade A at GCSE.
Why Further Mathematics?
- Students taking Further Mathematics overwhelmingly find it to be an enjoyable, rewarding, stimulating and empowering experience.
- For someone who enjoys Mathematics, it provides a challenge and a chance to explore new and more sophisticated mathematical concepts.
- It enables students to distinguish themselves as able mathematicians in the university and employment market.
- Some prestigious university courses will only accept students with Further Mathematics on Maths-based degrees.
- Studying Further Maths boosts students' performance in AS/A-level Mathematics.
- 33% of all universities mention Further Maths as desirable or essential for a Mathematics degree and for those universities in the Russell Group, this proportion is 65% (May 2012).
- Many universities are now encouraging students to take Further Maths if they wish to study Maths-related subjects such as engineering, sciences, computing or technology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Accrington St Christopher's Church of England High School directly.