Design Technology - Food Technology at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
Unit 1 Based primarily on Materials and Components and consisting of three sections. Available in Janaury and June.
* 80 marks
* Section 1 contain compulsory limited response questions
* Section 2 offers a choice of one question from two.
* Section 3 contains one compulsory question. Unit 2 Written (or electronic) Design Portfolio - June only
* 80 marks
* Manufactured outcome(s)
* Coursework may take a number of forms: a single design-and-make project, two smaller projects or a portfolio of work.
* A2 Units Unit 3 Based primarily on Design and Manufacture and consisting of two sections. Candidates answer three questions: one question from three in each section, plus a final question from either section.
* 84 marks • Includes synoptic assessment Unit 4 Written (or electronic) Design Folder - June only
* 85 Marks
* Manufactured outcome
* Candidates submit evidence of a single, substantial designing and making activity
Innovative, creative and keen to produce high quality products.
* Competent in Maths, English and Science
* Keen to learn from the past and develop the future.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School directly.