Financial Studies (ifs) Level 3 Diploma at Seevic College
The London Institute of Banking & Finance Certificate and Diploma is studied alongside A-Levels and offers you a fast-track to a career in the finance sector.
You will develop the knowledge and skills needed to manage your own finances, to become responsible borrowers and sensible savers, and have an appreciation of the need for personal financial planning.
You will also be introduced to all aspects of financial products and services, studying how customers and service providers make decisions. The course has been designed to provide you with a challenging qualification covering the core disciplines of financial capability.
The Diploma in Financial Studies (DipFS) is offered by the London Institute of Banking & Finance University College and is made up of four units, the first two of which comprise the Certificate in Financial Studies (CeFS) which is awarded at the end of Year One. In Year Two you will build on the skills and knowledge you will develop in Year One, extending this to include areas like financial sustainability within the wider financial services system and the long-term impact of debt.
General Entry Requirements
Average point score of 5.3, calculated from all GCSE subjects. Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above - including English Language or Maths.
If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade C/5 or above in GCSE English Language
- Grade C/5 or above in GCSE Maths.
You will learn in the classroom through a variety of activities and assessed by external exams: a multi-choice online exam, and a written exam, twice a year (in January and April). The Certificate in Year One is an AS equivalent qualification, which carries its own UCAS points. The full Diploma is equivalent to an A-Level and is graded from E to A*.
- Progress to a university degree course. Diploma grades carry the same UCAS points as A-Level grades and are widely accepted by both universities and employers.
- Relevant degree courses include: Finance, Banking, Accountancy, Business (and combinations of these subjects) are offered by many universities including The London Institute of Banking & Finance in London.
- Apprenticeships or direct employment in the banking and finance industries.
- Former students have gained a great deal of success both at university and in the job market. Career paths have included: Banking, Mortgage Advice, Financial Advice, Credit Risk and Investment Banking.
- Course Tutors have years of experience working in the Financial Services industry.
- The course includes visits to The London Institute of Banking & Finance in the City of London
- The London Institute of Banking & Finance has strong links to many banks, insurance companies and other organisations in the financial service industry, which can provide opportunities for work experience and post 18 Apprenticeships and training programs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.