AAT Accounting and Business Level 3 Diploma at Wirral Metropolitan College
The Level 3 Diploma in Accounting is the second year of the full AAT qualification. It is a professional course which will give you the skills to excel at a wide range of accounting and finance jobs.
This level introduces more complex accounting tasks like preparing final accounts for sole traderships and partnerships. You will also learn:
- how to maintain cost account records
- how to prepare VAT returns
- how to use financial spreadsheets
- professional ethics
The qualification is approximately equivalent to an A level.
AAT Level 2 Certificate Accounting or OCR Book-keeping Levels 1 and 2.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course..
By computer based assessment and by computer based project work
Text books for this course are to be purchased they are not included in the course fees
Initial unit exams are included in the course fees – exam resits are an extra cost.
Progression to Level 4 AAT and then on to the Chartered professional qualifications.
A requirement of this course is membership with the AAT (The Association of Accounting Technicians)
Please be aware that criminal offences, bankruptcy and IVAs will affect your application for membership with the AAT – see course leader for further details
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths already
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.