Sport - BTEC at Bristol Brunel Academy
Find out how fit you truly are. What foods will affect your performance? Face your fears on the high ropes and ultimate assault course, take part and coach others in a variety of sports.
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology: Understand the key components of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
- The Physiology of Fitness: Create gym training programs and understand the importance of testing your body to the limit.
- Assessing Risk in Sport: Understand the numerous risks and ways to reduce these in sport.
- Fitness Testing for Sport and exercise: Test your fitness levels by understanding your body and what makes it tick.
- Sports Coaching: Develop your knowledge of coaching others.
- Sports Nutrition: Apply the relevant nutritional components to help improve your sports performance.
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities: Climbing, kayaking, high ropes and OAA based activities.
Grade C or above in English and Science.
Previous completion of GCSE PE or BTEC level 2 is highly advantageous.
Sports uniform is compulsory to every lecture.
Minimum Academic Standard for Progression into Y13
Entry into Y13 is not automatic in CLF Post 16.
The majority of students will continue into Y13 dependent on the entry criteria for courses as outlined below:
For BTECs all students must attain a minimum vocational standard of passes for successful progression.
Students who do not meet the entry requirements into Y13 will be given guidance about a change of study programme and relevant courses available. They will not be allowed to re-sit the same core learning aims (i.e. subjects) as they did in Y12.
Coursework based with practical sport elements in every module.
On successful completion of this Level 3 qualification, you could go on to study a range of courses at university such as sport sciences, sports coaching, sport & exercise development or sports journalism. A range of work-based training opportunities such as apprenticeships would also be available to you.
Gym Instructor; personal trainer; sports coach or a sports coordinator.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bristol Brunel Academy directly.