Business Studies AS/A Level (AQA) at Benton Park School
The aims and objectives of the Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Advanced Subsidiary GCE in Business are to enable students to:
● develop an enthusiasm for studying business
● gain an holistic understanding of business in a range of contexts
● develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants
● understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
● generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues
● be aware of the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals
● acquire a range of relevant business and generic skills, including decision making, problem solving, the challenging of assumptions and critical analysis. apply numerical skills in a range of business contexts.
Access to the Sixth Form is based on prior academic achievement, behaviour and attendance records. Students must attain at least 5 A* - C grades including English and Maths. Some subjects may have specific criteria.
At AS, two exams each worth 50% of the course.
If continued to A Level your grade will be achieved from three exams equally weighted.
Students can progress from this qualification to: Advanced GCE in Business qualifications
Higher education courses such as business management, business administration, accountancy and finance, human resource management, marketing, retail management, tourism management and international Business
A wide range of careers ranging from banking, sales, product management and general management to working in public sector organisations or charities.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.