French A2 at Queensbury School
To progress onto the A2 in French you will need to have gained at least an E grade in the AS Level in French.
This is a one year course following on from the AS Level in French, which requires students to be willing to work hard, as well as enjoying and feeling confident with speaking french. This subject is joint taught between Queensbury School and Thornton Grammar School.
A2 Exam Topics
1 - Environment
- Protecting the planet
2 - The Multicultural Society
3 - Contemporary Social Issues
- Wealth and Poverty
- Law and Order
- Impact of Scientific and Technicological Progress
4 - Cultural topic
Choice of studying 2 from:
- Target language region
- 20th century history
- Target language author
- Target language poetry
- Director, artist, musician, painter.
You will need a minimum of 5 A*-C grades (or equivalent) in your GCSEs, including at least a gradeB in the related subject AS French required to progress to A2.
A Level Requirements
- Studying a language, especially at A levels, requires a lot of commitment and the ability to complete independent work on a regular basis.
- Keeping up to date with current affairs in France.
- You will need to improve your French by doing extra research and you will be expected to provide a good amount of work in your own study time.
- Any time you could spend in France would also develop your speaking skills.
Unit 3 Listening, Reading and Writing
2 hour written paper
35% of total A level marks
Unit 4 - Speaking Test
35 minute test
15% of total A Level marks
Learning a language will no doubt give you the opportunity to access jobs or responsibilities which could change your life. So take your chance!
Theres nothing more pleasant and satisfying than being able to understand what people say without asking them to translate into English
Surprising, not everybody speaks English!
Contact Mrs Lockwood for further information.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Queensbury School directly.