Critical Thinking A Level at Holy Cross Sixth Form College
The course is centred on the development of academic skills such as analysis and evaluation, rather than simply learning fact and theory. All of the UK's top universities now require candidates to sit admissions tests as part of their selection process for several subjects. The actual tests all contain a specified Critical Thinking component and the study of Critical Thinking will be of major benefit to many students wishing to study the following at university:
- Veternary Science
- Oxford and Cambridge applicants in general
- Or, apply to a Russell Group or 1994 Group University
In Critical Thinking you will learn the skills needed to:
- Analyse arguments, statements and theories
- Recognise when these are aiming to persuade you of a certain point of view
- Assess whether or not the evidence is credible and supports the claims
- Make clear decisions.
General college entry requirements. Critical Thinking is taken in addition to your main course. Further information will be given at interview.
Critical Thinking will help give you the chance to achieve the highest grades possible in your A Levels as well as gaining a place at the university of your choice.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holy Cross Sixth Form College directly.