Early Years Educator Advanced at Derby College
This CACHE Diploma is recognised throughout the UK as a high level qualification for individuals wanting to work within the Early Years sector. It is also widely accepted for entry to universities. As part of your studies, you will spend time in a practical work placement.
- Health and wellbeing
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development
Each unit is assessed separately through a variety of methods including portfolios, assignments, presentations, displays, and an external assessment research task.
You will be assessed during your placement by your manager and also through direct observations carried out by your tutor.
You need flat shoes and smart trousers for your placement, along with a placement top that you can buy from the College.
You should also have an A4 ring folder, pens and paper.
- Early Years/Foundation Stage Practitioner
- Special Educational Needs Support Worker
- Nanny/Home-based Child Carer
- Children’s Centre Practitioner
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.